(5) Make sure belt is in groove of pulley on motor shaft,
then slip belt over counter drive pulley and into its groove.
(6) Replace top panel and reinstall chassis in case.
REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT OF TAPE DRIVE MOTORS.
a. CAPSTAN DRIVE MOTOR.
(1) Unsolder and tag the two black motor power leads.
(2) Remove fan blade from motor shaft by loosening two
(3) Remove capstan drive belt.
(4) Remove three screws and lockwashers which mount motor
to chassis and remove motor.
(5) If motor is to be replaced by a new one, remove drive
pulley from motor shaft by loosening one setscrew.
(6) Install drive pulley on shaft of new motor and tighten
(7) Mount new motor on chassis using three screws and lock
washers removed in step (4).
(8) Reinstall capstan drive belt.
(9) Install fan blade on motor shaft.
(10) Reconnect motor power leads as tagged in step (1).
FAST REWIND MOTOR.
(1) Unsolder and tag the two brown motor power leads.
(2) Remove reel pedestal from motor shaft by loosening one
setscrew and slipping pedestal off motor shaft.
(3) Remove counter drive belt by slipping it off pulleys
on motor shaft and counter.
(4) Remove threaded spacer from one comer of motor housing