120 +2.4 seconds; rear end section, 120 +6 seconds.
(7) Using a stop watch, check the time required to completely
run the 1200 foot roll of tape through the recorder in the fast forward
The time required for either
and fast rewind modes of operation.
direction shall be not more than 150 seconds.
RECORD LEVEL INDICATOR (VU METER) TEST.
(1] Connect signal generator to MIC jack using attachment
Set signal generator frequency to 1000 Hz and output to
(2) Increase signal generator output level for a reading
of +3 VU on VU meter.
(3) Reduce signal generator output level 6db. W meter
should read -3 W.
FLUTTER AND WOW TEST.
(1) Connect test signal output of flutter meter to BRIDGE
INPUT jack on recorder using attachment cord.
(2) Connect test input of flutter meter across an 8-ohm
(3) Depress RECORD switch and set RECORD LEVEL control for
O VU indication on W meter.
(4) Using a new blank reel of tape, record 60 seconds of
test signal at both 7.5 i.p.s. and 3.75 i.p.s. near the center
portion of the tape.
(5) Disconnect flutter meter test signal output from
recorder and rewind tape.
(6) Connect EXTENSION SPEAKER jack, using attachment cord
across the 8-ohm resistor at the test input of the flutter meter.
(7) Play back recorded test signals while observing the
flutter meter in the weighted position.