(8) Flutter and wow shall not exceed 0.3% at either speed
with the flutter meter in the Slow Meter position for any 60 second
The flutter meter in the Fast Meter position, shall
not indicate more than three peaks in any 10 second portions of the
Disconnect flutter meter.
OUTPUT POWER AND DISTORTION TEST.
(1) Connect signal generator output to distortion analyzer
and measure and record distortion content of generator output at
100 Hz, 1000 Hz, 3000 Hz, 5000 Hz, and 7500 Hz.
(2) Connect signal generator output to MIC jack on recorder.
(3) Connect distortion analyzer to EXTENSION SPEAKER jack
across a precision (1%) 8-ohm resistor.
(4) Connect ac vtvm to signal generator output jack to set
and monitor output signal levels.
(5) Set signal generator frequency to 1000 Hz and output
level for 2 mv as indicated on ac vtvm.
(6) Depress RECORD switch and adjust RECORD LEVEL control
for +3 VU indication on W meter.
(7) Set SPEED control for 3.75 i.p.s.
(8) Record 1000 Hz signal for 60 seconds.
level for 2 mv.
(10) Record 100 Hz signal for 60 seconds.
level for 200 mv.
(12) Record this signal for 30 seconds.
eve1 for 200 mv.
(14) Set RECORD LEVEL control for -3 VU on the VU meter.