(15) Record this signal for 60 seconds.
level for 200 mv.
(17) Set RECORD LEVEL control for -9 VU on VU meter.
(18) Record this signal for 60 seconds.
(19) Set SPEED control for 7.5 i.p.s. and repeat steps (8)
(20) Rewind the tape.
(21) Observing distortion analyzer in VTVM mode, while play-
ing back the first recorded 1000 Hz signal, set the PLAY LEVEL control
for a 4-volt indication on the distortion analyzer meter. This sets
recorder output for 2 watts at 1000 Hz reference.
(22) Rewind tape and measure distortion at all recorded
Do not change the setting of the PLAY LEVEL control.
Measured distortion at any frequency shall not exceed 5%.
(23) Rewind tape and set SPEED control for 7.5 i.p.s.
(24) Connect signal generator to MIC jack.
level for 100 mv.
(26) Depress RECORD switch and adjust RECORD LEVEL control
for +3 VU on VU meter.
(27) Record 60 seconds of this signal.
(28) Set signal generator output level for 100 mv.
(29) Record 60 seconds of this signal.
(30) Connect signal generator to BRIDGE INPUT jack.
(31) Set signal generator frequency to 100 Hz and output
level for 10 volts.
(32) Adjust RECORD LEVEL control for +3 VU on VU meter.
(33) Record 60 seconds of this signal.