5. How to Locate Repair Parts
b. When National stock number or part number is
a. When National stock number or part number is
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
the functional group within which the item belongs.
stock number or part number. This index is in NIIN seq-
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for
uence followed by a list of part numbers in alphameric
functional groups and listings are divided into the
sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure
number and item number.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
functional group to which the item belongs.
number, locate the figure and item number in the repair
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
and note the illustration figure and item number of
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find
the figure and item number noted on the
(Next printed page is 4)