(2) Remove the plastic foam filter
the microphone element to the boom assembly.
elements from the dome shell.
d. Remove the teflon microphone bushing
(3) Remove the protective electrical tape
from the mounting hole of the microphone element.
and unsolder the four conductors of the audio cord.
e. To replace the microphone element, follow
(4) Unbolt the two machine screws that
the procedures of a through d above in reverse order.
hold the cord spring and slide the cord spring down the
2-10. Removal and Replacement of Earphone
(5) Remove the wire clamp and slip the
audio cord through the grommet and out of the left
a. Remove the vinyl-covered foam ear seal.
b. Remove the two self-tapping screws that
(6) Slide the cord spring off the cord.
fasten the receiver holder to the dome bosses.
c. Lift the receiver holder clear of the dome
(1) Slide the cord spring onto the audio
d. Remove the earphone from the receiver
(2) Insert the end of the audio cord,
through the rubber grommet, into the left dome
(3) Slide the wire clamp onto the cable,
Do not overtighten the earphone set-
but do not tighten.
screws or the self-tapping receiver
(4) Solder the audio cord connectors to
the appropriate wires inside the left dome assembly; be
careful to follow the color code indicated in figure 2-1.
e. Loosen the two small setscrews that hold
(5) Cover each solder joint with a layer of
the wire terminals in place.
To replace the earphone assembly, follow
(6) Tighten the wire clamp.
the procedures of a through e above in reverse order.
(7) Position the cord spring and bolt it into
2-11. Removal and Replacement of Plug and Cord
(8) Insert and position the foam filter
(9) Replace the earphone element (para
(1) Remove the earphone assembly from
the left dome assembly following the procedures of