TM 32-5835-001-24 & P
C-5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group within
which the item belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for func-
tional groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and note the illustration figure
and item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number
noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find
the pertinent National stock number or part number. This index is in NIIN sequence
followed by a list of part numbers in alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the
illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and
item number in the repair parts list.