d. Action change codes indicated in the left-hand margin of the listing page denote the following: (Applicable to
revisions or changes only).
Indicates an added item
Indicates a change in data
Indicates a change in NSN only
e. The following publications pertain to the Recorder-Reproducer and its components:
Publication and Short Title
Federal Supply Code for Manufacturers-United States and
Canada -Code to Name (Cataloging Handbook H4-2).
Operator, Organizational, Direct Support, and General
Support Maintenance Manual:
How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly or subassembly within which the repair part
belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for assemblies or subassemblies and listings are divided into
the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the assembly or subassembly to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National stock
number or part number. This index is in ascending NSN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in ascending
alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts list.